There’s a S.M.A.R.T. way to set your personal and professional goals.
Make sure your goals are:
- Specific – set a very defined outcome for a specific area for improvement.
- Measurable – if you can’t measure or track it, then it isn’t a goal.
- Agreed upon – is this totally on you, or do you need the support of others?
- Realistic – stretch goals are fine but you will want to apply some level of logic.
- Time-related – open ended goals with no target dates don’t get done
I often recommend setting goals with shorter intervals versus the typical annual resolution. Pick 3 things that really matter to you and set S.M.A.R.T. goals for the next 30 – 60 – 90 days. You’ll be amazed what happens when you focus your efforts!
Where are you headed?